Back to home
Sports·

FC Andorra's Alende Stays Cautious Ahead of Celta Fortuna Clash

Diego Alende expresses measured optimism for FC Andorra's Segunda División trip to Celta Fortuna. He stresses tactical consistency, pitches permanència as priority, and brushes off pitch and injury concerns.

Key Points

  • Alende confirms Balaídos match on schedule despite turf issues
  • Maintains same tactics after 4-0 Ceuta win, targets three points
  • Sets staying up in Segunda as initial goal amid league toughness
  • Defends depth at center-back sans injured Gaël Alonso

Diego Alende, FC Andorra's centre-back, has voiced optimism tempered by caution ahead of Monday's Segunda División away game against Celta Fortuna, while confirming the match remains on schedule at Balaídos.

In comments to reporters on Wednesday, the defender stressed that the Tricolors will maintain their established tactical approach despite the shift from their opening 4-0 win over Ceuta. "Our idea stays the same, and we'll go there looking for the three points," he said, noting that repeating their strong performance against Ceuta would position them well for victory.

Alende acknowledged the excitement in the dressing room following the season-opening triumph but urged focus on the league's demands. "Enthusiasm is always there, but we must be realistic: Segunda División is a very tough category over 42 rounds," he remarked, setting permanència—staying up—as the initial target before assessing further ambitions.

The fixture carries personal weight for the Santiago de Compostela native, who spent 14 years in Celta's youth system. He spoke warmly of the club, expressing delight at Celta Fortuna's promotion to the second tier and likening the return to visiting home.

Alende expects a demanding test from the opponents' young, high-energy squad, which retained much of last season's group. He anticipates a "completely different" challenge to the Ceuta clash yet affirmed no changes to Andorra's game plan.

On the pitch maintenance issue at Balaídos—where a fungal problem recently delayed turf replacement and forced a first-team fixture postponement—Alende dismissed concerns. "Our plan, unless told otherwise, is to play there. We're not worried," he said.

Addressing the five-month absence of fellow centre-back Gaël Alonso due to a tibial malleolus fracture, Alende called it a "complicated" blow given last season's contributions. He highlighted reinforcements Lautaro Spatz, Sergio Molina, and Martí Vilà as reliable options, insisting the position is "more than covered" with high quality. The continuity from last year's squad and a rigorous pre-season, he added, underpins their early promise.

Share the article via